Zionist.com - Anything but silent

Powered by WebAds

Netanyahu preparing for elections?

July 24th, 2007  ·  10 Comments

I was surprised this morning to see campaign posters for Likud Party leader Binyamin Netanyahu on most of the public buses I passed on my way to work, considering that at present, the next general election is scheduled to take place in 2010.

That’s two-and-a-half years from now, which is way earlier than Israeli politicians usually start their national election campaigns.

It is true that the Likud Party is holding a primary election in about three weeks, but Netanyahu’s challengers (Moshe Feiglin and Danny Danon) have no realistic chance of victory. Add to that the fact that the Likud only has about 150,000 voting members. Netanyahu could not be spending so much money on a national campaign ultimately targeting a very small number of voters for an election he is certain to win anyway.

And then there is the slogan printed on the posters: “Israel chooses to succeed!” Clearly a national election-type slogan.

Either Netanyahu is gambling that somehow the Olmert government is going to fall in the coming months, or he knows something the rest of us don’t about the current prime minister’s imminent demise.

Meanwhile, Bush is doing his part to ensure Olmert remains in power until as many Jews as possible are removed from Judea and Samaria.

Enjoy the article? Subscribe to our email updates

10 comments so far ↓

• 1 Marsha Carol Watson // Jul 24, 2007 at 11:25 pm

I believe that God has annointed Benyamin Netanyahu to be Israel’s leader and deliverer. I believe that God has spoken to this godly man. When God speaks to a person, it is a like-changing event.

Netanyahu would be afraid NOT to be obedient to instructions given to him by the Holy Spirit of God. His actions are motivated by the Keeper of Israel.

Hallelujah! Bless the Lord O my soul, and all that is within me Bless His Holy Name. amen and amen

• 2 Nathan // Jul 25, 2007 at 1:50 am

Netanyahu will not make the same mistakes that Olmert did. When the threat of Hamas…Hizbullah…Syria…Iran come knocking on Israel’s door, he will face the enemy down and destroy it.

• 3 Angela Davies // Jul 25, 2007 at 5:08 pm

I believe that God’s anointing is already on Benjamin Netanyahu and that he will be established as Israel’s endtime leader according to God’s purpose.

• 4 Ian // Jul 25, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Last night I had a dream about Netanyahu. I was saying to him that I was glad he had come to power as he was God’s man at this time.

I have been convinced that God’s hand was upon him for years. There has been an increasing confirmation of this from many quarters.

Soon he will be in power.

• 5 Micheal // Jul 26, 2007 at 1:35 pm

This is false propaganda. Stop killing there parents and they wont be pissed.

• 6 Joni // Jul 26, 2007 at 7:17 pm

I have ALWAYS believed that Bibi is the one to lead Israel in the final days. There has never been a PM who effected me as Bibi did when he was PM. Something in my spirit just knew THIS MAN belongs to the Lord. He just may not know it yet. :) But he is different. He is brave and he will not bend or sway. I was disappointed he lost the last election because I so strongly felt he’d be back! But it’s as if the Lord said, It’s not his appointed time… YET. I’ve kept a close watch on Bibi, waiting for “his time”.

Even his name is of significant meaning. :) HalleluYAH!!!

• 7 Victor Passenheim // Jul 28, 2007 at 10:01 pm

Netanyahu is well spoken, but the last time he was PM of Israel he gave away Hebron to the Arabs, he voted in favor of the “disengagment” in Gush Katif 6 times, and it is debated that he nearly gave over the Golan Heights in 1998 (http://www.danielpipes.org/article/311).

Fast forward 9 years. Guess what’s up for grabs these days – the Golan Heights. This would further jeopardize Israel’s security. Guess who’s demanding it be turned over – Assad, the same tyrant from 9 years ago.

At least he is in favor of a pre-emptive strike against Iran.

One thing’s for sure: he gave up Hebron and he gave up Gush Katif. So, for all intents and purposes, he’s got a track record on giving land over to terrorists. God’s man? I think not. Let’s be careful with such blanket statements in the future, please.

• 8 Joni // Jul 29, 2007 at 2:33 am

I’m aware of his past mistakes. But I’ve listened closely to him over the last few years and I don’t think he’d be so quick to bargain over land anymore.

• 9 Charles // Jul 31, 2007 at 4:49 am

God is in control and His will be done . God used a notorious Christian persecutor to preach Christianity . His name was Paul formerly called Saul . God is not remiss in His plan for Israel or the execution there of . He will use each person as He sees’ fit .

• 10 DrMcCoy'sbabe // Aug 16, 2007 at 3:33 am

OH for goodness sake Marsha- Netanyahu has always talked loud but carried a little stick.
    Bibi had no trouble caving into Clinton and the State Dept. demands to give up
    80% of Hebron now one of the epi-centers and operational bases of terrorists. He, too, thought he was appeasing the Arabs and the American State Department under then President Clinton. It has also been reported and Bill Clinton himself states in his book that Netanyahu was willing to give up the Golan to the Syrians during “talks”.

Is Netanyahu for a 2 party state ? Does he think “peace” can be achieved by giving up even more land, he gave up 80% of Hebron, what is to stop him from giving up more to appease America again ? Nothing. Bibi is a slick,charismatic, politician. He is not Israel’s strong man. And he certainly is not Israel’s “deliverer”, that is Jesus Christ. Marsha you sound like a Christian, thus you should know that !