Zionist.com - Anything but silent

Powered by WebAds

New job at Israel Today

April 25th, 2007  ·  18 Comments

Well, I started a new job this week at the Jerusalem-based news magazine Israel Today.

Started by German immigrant journalist Ludwig Schneider more years ago than I can now remember, Israel Today bills itself as the definitive source of news from Israel for the global Bible-believing community, by local Israeli believers.

While it was painful to walk away from Jerusalem Newswire after having poured so much of myself into it over the past six years, I am enjoying being at Israel Today very much.

It is a fantastic community of people here, and will offer me the opportunity to further develop as a journalist working for an established publication.

My primary duties will be maintaining and writing content for the website (www.israeltoday.co.il), and developing some of those stories into full features for the monthly magazine.

If you are not familiar with Israel Today, head over the website and check it out. I have long been a fan of this publication, and would, even if I were not now an employee, recommend everyone make a subscription.

Enjoy the article? Subscribe to our email updates

18 comments so far ↓

• 1 Ryan // Apr 25, 2007 at 11:49 am

I just want to clarify that I will continue to update Zionist.com in my free time. I have not been so good about updating lately, but things have been busy with the move to the new job.

As I get more settled in the coming days, expect a return to daily posts here.

• 2 Jacob // Apr 25, 2007 at 12:16 pm

I cant imagine what type of publication you work for if they read all your extreme views and still hired you. I guess you will have yet another pulpit to pread your racist anti Palestinian garbage from. Mazoltov!

Ohh yeah Down with zionism!

• 3 Victor // Apr 25, 2007 at 1:53 pm

Ryan,

Congratulations! I’m checking out the site now. We look forward to more of your updates.

Jacob,
    Go see the vet. That should fix you.

• 4 Darnell Clayton // Apr 25, 2007 at 7:15 pm

Hey Ryan,

That sounds great! Although, now that you are an employee, could you convince someone at Israel Today to publish a site feed? (via RSS or Atom)

Ynet, Jerusalem Newswire and the Jerusalem Post all have it, and are growing by leaps and bound in traffic (as big stream bloggers often link to them).

I was wondering if Israel Today would consider doing the same?

~Darnell

• 5 Ryan // Apr 25, 2007 at 7:26 pm

Thanks, Victor and Darnell.

Darnell – I have a meeting with my new boss tomorrow about ideas I have for the website. An RSS/Atom feed is one of those suggestions. Hopefully we will have one up very soon.

• 6 Edward // Apr 25, 2007 at 8:18 pm

You have two link in this paragraph that not valid by email.
    Ed in Oregon

• 7 Ryan // Apr 25, 2007 at 8:27 pm

Thanks, Ed. I have fixed the links.

• 8 Joyce // Apr 25, 2007 at 8:34 pm

Congratulations Ryan, I hope that you will have great success in your new job. And I am glad to hear, that you will be continuing to update Zionist.com.

God bless you.

• 9 Jan Unger // Apr 26, 2007 at 7:51 pm

Ryan, although I am certainly thankful for the job opportunity God has given you, and pray His rich blessing upon you and your family in your new venture, I am saddened that you will no longer be a part of JNW. I also wonder what the implications of this are for the future of JNW. May I take this opportunity to encourage all JNW readers to seriously consider financial support of this very vital ministry. If it is a ministry that has touched your heart and given you support and encouragement in your love for Israel and in your prayers for her, then give as the Lord enables you, so this ministry can be blessed! As prophecy continues to unfold before us, I can only see a ministry like JNW becoming more and more vital in helping us to stand strong as watchmen on the walls of the Great City of our King!
    I also am glad to hear that you will continue with Zionist.com and will look forward to what you will be sharing here. Also, I intend to subscribe to Israel Today and look forward to touching base with you through this publication.
    May the Lord Bless you and Keep you Always!

• 10 Ryan // Apr 26, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Jan,

Thank you for your very kind words. This will mean a serious reduction in the output of JNW, a fact that saddens me greatly. But due to our (mine and Stan’s) inability to both produce JNW and provide for our families through it, there was little other choice at present.

I am just grateful the Lord has provided me with a new position that will continue to allow me to be a “watchman on the walls,” while further developing my abilities, under His guidance, in this area.

• 11 Jeremy // Apr 27, 2007 at 3:14 am

Congratulations Ryan, JNW will sorely miss you ,but we wish you the best because you are a servant to the most high God of Israel!!
    God bless you and good Luck!!!

Jeremy Bert

• 12 Delta Vines // Apr 27, 2007 at 5:14 pm

Ryan:

I know Stan will miss working with you! Yet, I know he prays for G-d to bless you as you work at your new job. We will miss your JNewswire posts as well!

Jan Unger’s post was well said. If anyone here can contribute to JNewswire, it will be greatly appreciated.

This is not a conflict between publications. In fact, such are welcomed by the other because the words of truth regarding what is REALLY going on in Israel needs to be shared. The more who share, (hopefully) the more people will hear it! (smile)

Ryan, I am very happy for you and your family, and will peek in on you from time to time! (smile) G-d bless you!

• 13 Deb // Apr 29, 2007 at 9:11 pm

I am long familiar with Israel Today, and have read both that and JNW – along with some of the ministry news updates such as CFI, BFP, ICEJ ….. that often include articles from JNW!

I too regret the necessity of your leaving JNW, but I can assure those here who have not been familiar with Israel Today that you will feel “at home” there as well.

I agree with Jan Unger that these works are vital – especially to those of us in the nations. Without you we would surely not be given the truth in the news, nor would we have your wise insights about prophetic events. DO support these as you are able!

• 14 Dwain // Apr 30, 2007 at 4:15 am

Ryan:

Congrats on your new assignment. You will be with a great group. I have subscribed to Israel Today for several years. I would not be without it

• 15 Nerah // May 15, 2007 at 11:31 pm

Congratulations Ryan

Victor you crack me up!lol

• 16 A slimmer, more focused Zionist.com // Jul 14, 2007 at 8:52 pm

[...] that things are starting to settle down and I am getting into a routine at my new job, I have every intention of resuming my daily writing here at [...]

• 17 Christopher Hummel // Jul 16, 2007 at 12:43 am

Ryan: For Such a Time As This!

Being confident of this, I pray that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who began a good work in you will carry it throughout your lifetime and will finish upon completion until the day of Christ Jesus when you meet Him face to face.

Keep stirring the Pot of Truth less it beome cold with green mold of decay know as complacent apathy, disgracing and bruising the name of Jesus Christ.

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

My people are destroyed from lack of knowedge (Hosea 4:6).

As a gifted philosopher, may you continue to reach the multitudes in truth. There are many man-made approaches to life’s problems that totally disregard the Lord our God. To resist heresy you must use your mind. See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on the Word of Christ as your guide (Colossians 2:8).

Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers
    (1 Timothy 4:16).

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you always.

In HIS Love and Will..we will

• 18 hany gamal nawar abo dahab // May 21, 2009 at 12:39 am

iam egyption man looking for any job i will be so happy if u accept it iam waitting