Zionist.com - Anything but silent

Powered by WebAds

What American occupation can do

July 9th, 2006  ·  11 Comments

In the wake of World War II, the United States occupied and controlled many aspects of life in Japan. Today that nation is one of the world’s most peaceful and prosperous.

A similar phenomenon is taking place in Iraq, though not to quite so drastic a degree. (Perhaps that’s because the occupation is not as full-fledged as in post-WWII Japan?)

If comments made by Iraqi readers on a BBC forum (BBC no less!) discussing the abduction of IDF Corporal Gilad Shalit are anything to go by, the citizens of Iraq are beginning – as a direct result of America’s intervention – to reject terrorism so thoroughly as to actually support Israel’s current action against Hamas.

From Iraq the Model, whose author was kind enough to monitor the Arabic-language BBC site and translate some of the more pertinent comments:

“About three dozens of comments were made by Iraqis both inside Iraq and in exile and all these comments were supportive of Israel or at least against Hamas as far as the topic is concerned except for only three comments; that’s a 10:1 ratio while as you probably have guesses, the opposite ratio is true about the comments by the rest of Arabs.”

“…what really makes me feel optimistic about this new Iraqi way of thinking is that it shows how Iraqis are beginning to distinguish between terrorism and rightful acts of resistance not only in Iraq but also on a global level and are showing decreasing tolerance for extremism and this in my opinion is what builds peace in the region or any given region of this world.”

Enjoy the article? Subscribe to our email updates

11 comments so far ↓

• 1 Edward in Oregon // Jul 9, 2006 at 6:02 pm

The Arabs may wake up and find out that their demon Allah is not so great.

If they decide to support Israel instead of these mindless PLO enthusiasts, they might fare better. Genesis 12 tells anyone if they bless Israel, GOD will bless them.

IF you start blessing Israel, there is a orphanage there called Migdal Ohr that could use a lot of help. Pastor John Hagee Ministries has an open line for them.

• 2 Elliott Dallas, Texas // Jul 11, 2006 at 4:45 pm

Our nation’s weakness is an absence of a common vision, which would inspire our friends and allies to stand up against the Great Jihad.

Repentance (turning back to God) and prayer on a national level will help to realign us with the purposes of the Almighty. This will allow His Providence to intersect with our thoughts and bless our nation.

• 3 Pros and Cons // Jul 12, 2006 at 8:01 pm

Civil War in Baghdad…

As necessary background, DEBKA is firmly on the Israeli right, a constituency that didn’t really favor our present undertaking in Iraq, though the center (Sharon, Perez, et cetera) did. That said, it sure looks like Baghdad is in the grip of civ...

• 4 Charles Wesley // Aug 20, 2006 at 6:21 am

GOD Is cooking this chicken his way. America will soon have
    problems at home to overcome. We would hard put to help defend Israel now. With the proliferation of high tech missiles to Iran our Carriers would be vulnerable. Israel sets in the middle of all of those unfriendlies.

• 5 Jacquies // Aug 23, 2006 at 2:51 am

This article is the most absurd one I’ve read lately. Is Iraq supporting Israel against Lebanon? You must be joking.

• 6 James Fletcher Baxter // Oct 20, 2006 at 2:07 am

Consider:
    The missing element in every human ‘solution’ is
    an accurate definition of the creature.

The way we define ‘human’ determines our view of self,
    others, relationships, institutions, life, and future. Many
    problems in human experience are the result of false
    and inaccurate definitions of humankind premised
    in man-made religions and humanistic philosophies.

Human knowledge is a fraction of the whole universe.
    The balance is a vast void of human ignorance. Human
    reason cannot fully function in such a void; thus, the
    intellect can rise no higher than the criteria by which it
    perceives and measures values.

Humanism makes man his own standard of measure.
    However, as with all measuring systems, a standard
    must be greater than the value measured. Based on
    preponderant ignorance and an egocentric carnal
    nature, humanism demotes reason to the simpleton
    task of excuse-making in behalf of the rule of appe-
    tites, desires, feelings, emotions, and glands.

Because man, hobbled in an ego-centric predicament,
    cannot invent criteria greater than himself, the humanist
    lacks a predictive capability. Without instinct or trans-
    cendent criteria, humanism cannot evaluate options with
    foresight and vision for progression and survival. Lack-
    ing foresight, man is blind to potential consequence and
    is unwittingly committed to mediocrity, collectivism,
    averages, and regression – and worse. Humanism is an
    unworthy worship.

The void of human ignorance can easily be filled with
    a functional faith while not-so-patiently awaiting the
    foot-dragging growth of human knowledge and behav-
    ior. Faith, initiated by the Creator and revealed and
    validated in His Word, the Bible, brings a transcend-
    ent standard to man the choice-maker. Other philo-
    sophies and religions are man-made, humanism, and
    thereby lack what only the Bible has:

1.Transcendent Criteria and
    2.Fulfilled Prophetic Validation.

The vision of faith in God and His Word is survival
    equipment for today and the future. Only the Creator,
    who made us in His own image, is qualified to define
    us accurately.

Human is earth’s Choicemaker. Psalm 25:12 He is by
    nature and nature’s God a creature of Choice – and of
    Criteria. Psalm 119:30,173 His unique and definitive
    characteristic is, and of Right ought to be, the natural
    foundation of his environments, institutions, and re-
    spectful relations to his fellow-man. Thus, he is orien-
    ted to a Freedom whose roots are in the Order of the
    universe. Selah

• from The HUMAN PARADIGM
  • 7 Anne Kraemer // Mar 14, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Ryan…….
    HOPE is always on the Horizon, yet the Promise is: from the Rising of the son to the coming down of the son…the NAME or WORD of the Lord lasts forever.

• 8 J. Gagne // Nov 21, 2007 at 7:23 am

To Whom It May Concern,
    I was praying that you could perhaps help me. I would like to send some money to the orphans at Migdal Ohr Orphanage. I don’t want any recognition or gift or anything else in return. I also don’t want to send it through any ministry that will use a part of it for the upkeep of their mercedes and mansions or has a gimmick to raise money. I just want a way to send the money to the orphans and know that 100% of the money is going to them. If you can help me I’d be blessed.
    Shalom, Shalom

• 9 Helena B. Hassard // Dec 7, 2007 at 5:20 am

First: Pastor Hagee: “In defense of Israel” should be read by everyone!!! Even though born into a very pro-Jewish Christian family, it was in certain respects an eye opener!!! I was delivered in 1930 by our Jewish family physician, who in spite of very difficult circumstances was able to save both mother and child. I was the first child of my parents. Brother and sister were born 1935 and 1938.
    My parents offered our doctor and his wife hiding, which he refused for not to “see the Nazis kill off those he delivered into the world”. At age 12 I saw him and his wife hauled off to “the trains”!! They did not return. Ever since 1984 in Israel I acquired a golden David star with cross inside, which I wear proudly. I now also am a member of CUFI!!
    My life story follows another time for you to have, Pastor Hagee.
    My request is now: How can I contribute monthly to the orphanage Migdal Ohr in Israel, so that none of that contribution goes elsewhere.I already contribute through other channels to Israel, so this one would have to be guaranteed to just go to the orphanage.
    Please, please, send me name, address etc., since I do not want creditcard involvement or automat transfers. I write my contribution checks every month after receipt of my bank statement.
    My personal income is not large by any means, but my husband lets me do “my own giving”. He gives a lot as well!!!
    So, please, send me an answer by e-mail or at my address.
    With thanks also for your daily 30 minutes on t.v. and my prayers for you, Sincerely,
    Helena Brakel Hassard,
    State Hwy 361,
    Sandpiper # 608.
    Port Aransas, Texas 78373
    361 7490570

• 10 Ralph // Mar 10, 2008 at 6:24 am

All you have to do is goto the migdal ohr website and donate directly to them. That way you know it all got there.

• 11 Straight to the Point // Dec 10, 2008 at 12:49 am

When are Americans going to realize that Israel is using us for our military strength. My opinion, Israel hates America as much as all of the other nations in the middle east, but are only being our “ally” because if we left it would be like throwing a steak into a lions den.